Differences Between Traditional and Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products
The easiest way to buy cleaning products - hop over to Walmart or another big store and grab them off the shelf. Most people use the big brands that they are familiar with, without realizing what they contain. Have you ever stopped to consider what chemicals you are using in your house? People often clean their homes without ever looking twice at the ingredients list on their items. Some chemicals create an unhealthy environment for your family, without you even realizing it.
Many people are taking the extra step to check the ingredients and chemicals listed on their bottles. In doing so, some chemicals are found to be harmful to their family. For instance, some products have Formaldehyde in them, which can cause breathing issues and even cancer in extreme cases. Cleaning with these items generates that toxicity in the air and environment you breathe in daily.
Main Differences With Traditional and Eco-Friendly Products
1. Type of Ingredients - Traditional products contain harsh chemicals that can be harmful to your health and body, while eco-friendly cleaning products use natural ingredients. This means you are only introducing earth-friendly products to your indoor environment and not breathing in toxic fumes created by chemicals.
2. Level of Clean - Some people believe that green cleaning products don't get the job done as well as traditional methods. Harsher chemicals like bleach scrub surfaces clean but leave behind unhealthy fumes in your home. However, citrus-based cleaners are capable of eliminating tough spots without harsh chemicals, it might just take a little more elbow grease.
3. Healthy Environment - As we mentioned above, chemicals are harmful to your health, as well as, other people around you. Your pets, family, and friends breathe the air, touch surfaces, and interact in the environment of your home. Natural cleaning products allow you to keep everyone safe within this area, including your animals and relatives with medical conditions!
4. Price Range - The one concern many people have with natural products is the cost. Traditional cleaning products are cheaper because they are more common. However, eco-friendly cleaning options can be fairly inexpensive. Additionally, people tend to use less of the product which makes it last longer.
5. Availability - Traditional methods and cleaning items generally are easier to find in a big box store. To purchase eco-friendly cleaning products, you might have to visit a specialty store or order online. Most people prefer the ease of picking up their supplies at the same store they shop in normally, but ordering online is just as convenient.
Overall, protecting the safety of your home and loved ones is a priority for most people. Eco-friendly cleaning products help to maintain a clean and healthy home, without harming the people you care about. This method eliminates toxins from both your home and the environment around you while keeping a beautiful, sanitized living space.
Timshel Apothecary handcrafts small batches of simple, aromatherapeutic, and rejuvenating products to use in your home and on your body. Our products are guaranteed to protect you, your family, and your home from harmful toxins providing peace of mind through a holistic and natural alternative. Timshel Apothecary's top priority is the overall well-being of our customers and the environment. We aim to create a harmonious relationship between the two through education and sustainable practices.